Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Protactinium: Review, Week 7

One week skipped because of not enough time. Interviewing for jobs is particularly time-consuming. Recently I've had less and less energy. I'll probably stop blogging at the end of the semester - I don't think there's much more tutoring for me to do.

General thoughts:
- Students are paying less attention in class recently. I'm not sure what I need to do. I feel like I have tried many strategies - I have tried to get them to have group exercises and discussions (but they're really not inclined to offer feedback), I have tried code reviews (but they're really not efficient in terms of time and do not promote discussion), and I have tried interesting examples (which I suppose work better. I guess I need to focus on making sure the content is advanced enough to be engaging, which requires a tonne of prep.

It's not as if they're going off and doing other things - they're being friendly with each other as a class, which is really great. If only I could somehow channel that friendly energy into learning energy...



 -
Before tutorial:
- Mark something awesome proposals
- Post something about best mandelbrot art submissions on home page

Next tutorial:
- Exhibit mandelbrot art submissions
- Exhibit examples of good mandelbrot planning/reflection
- Introduce structs with how they could be used in complex numbers
- Give general feedback on mandelbrot and how it could have been done better.
- follow up with the concept of ADTs
- assignment 3: groups of 4, game session.
- code review on assignment 3???
- discuss stacks

No comments:

Post a Comment