Pages

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Scheduling

Ideally I'd like to get at least 5 hours of planning in for my first tutorial, in order to make the greatest impact. I suppose this is completely infeasible, however. If I add on the three hours of actual tutorial, and the three hours of travel time, I'm left with barely any time to do anything at all.




There's going to be a new tag coming to this blog soon, and you know what that means - it means that I'm going to have even less time than the zero time I had before. I'm going to have to improve my prioritisation, my time management, and I'm going to have to come up with backup strategies for all the tasks I cannot complete myself. For example, I should be delegating some of the presenting work for Compass, and occasionally take a break from presenting for a week.

As to Compass, I think every presenter needs a week break after they've finished presenting. It's just too much work.

The insane people are the happy ones, right?

A good question to ask at this point is how many hours I have each week, for that provides context on how I should spend my time.

 There are 24 hours in a day. I would spend 9 hours on average sleeping, so that leaves me with 15 hours to be productive. Cut three hours for non-productive time - there are some things which you simply can't be productive while doing. For example, eating, showering, packing. 12 hours remaining.

I have a limitation of 12 hours on days that I don't go to uni. On days which I do go to uni (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), I lose about 10 hours of my day to uni classes.

It is likely that on my 'free' days (Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) I will have additional things that I must do. For example, private tutoring, or buying birthday presents. To be safe, I subtract two hours for that.

The end result is daunting.

Monday: 10 hours
Tuesday: 1 hour
Wednesday: 2 hours
Thursday: 3 hours
Friday: 10 hours
Saturday: 10 hours
Sunday: 10 hours
Total: 46 hours

With a mere 46 hours of free time in my week, I must achieve the impossible.

Today is Wednesday, and I have 2 hours of solid time to work with. I will try to supplement that as best I can by working on trains, by taking notes during events, by working my face off. My laptop and my mobile phone shall be my saviours, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment