Pages

Sunday 1 March 2015

Semester Plans

I have some commitments I have prepared for the semester. These will be important to actively improve on my teaching abilities, which is an important factor in improvement.

- Write a post on this blog discussing lesson plans, before each teaching session. I am hoping to be able to have a fairly solid discussion on each tutorial, but that will be difficult to do when I am short on time.
- Write a post on this blog reflecting on each tutorial, immediately after I finish it. The 'immediately' is extremely important. Things that happened during the tutorial are easily forgotten, and my memory will be the most fresh directly after I do the tutorial. I'm hoping to be able to do a tutoring reflection at the very least on the same day.
- Consistently reflect on my teaching abilities, things I need to improve on and practice (e.g. body language, volume of voice, clarity of diagrams, resources required, interesting-ness of class)
- Follow academic journals on education and keep up with the latest research on teaching insights
- Always be on the lookout for new ways to improve my teaching abilities, in addition to the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment